Saturday, December 1, 2012

Free 'n easy knit pattern, the Patricia cowl

I'm in full marathon knit mode now, aiming to get at least 4 projects completed before I head to Texas to help DD and SIL move back home, Jan 3. So far, I've made 2 pairs of slippers; one child and one adult size.
The adult size was a compilation of two patterns, the crochet top of the Crocodile Stitch Boots, and the knit foot and sole of the St Louis Boots - Slippers in seed st in Eskimo by DROPS design


20121201-091541.jpg
The childs' booties are done completely in crochet, according to the pattern. I'm not fond of crochet footwear, too holey and stiff, but will probably wear longer, at least one season, when she'll outgrow them. I used Red Heart Soft Multi worsted acrylic, for the child's booties.
20121201-091602.jpg
I'm going to make another pair of the St Louis Boots, once I have snagged some nice bulky worsted, color TBD.
I'm on to the next quick project, the Patricia Cowl.


20121201-091930.jpg
I'm using Berroco Voyage, Embers colorway, an interesting braided blend of yummy super fine Alpaca and polyester. The cable pattern is repeated over 20 rows, nothing too complicated, and is an easy pattern to memorize. This is the first two repeats.

Mr. Peeps is currently redecorating his cage; apparently the carpeting is very tasty!

20121201-092633.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment