Tuesday, February 24, 2009

From China with Love: Letter to Baby Rhonda : Entry for February 24, 2009

A letter from a friend in Jiangsu,China.

We started out as business associates, and been corresponding for about a year. Her name is Linda, but her birth-name is Xiao Yin. She is 23 yrs old and a very sweet girl who works hard and seldom sees her family from where she lives, only taking the train on holidays for 4 days at a time. We have become great penpals in the past year, celebrating our respective holidays and sending each other e-greetings to go with our holidays. It's been a wonderful experience, and helps to make the world a more tolerable place to live, knowing that we are not hated so much by people of various parts of the world. It has taught me that we are all in this together and I hope we never lose that One-ness that is so important to us, if we are to survive.


From:
jiangyin0920
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:01 PM
To: Sandra Schwab
Subject: baby


Dear Sandra.

Congratulations to you! I am very happy to hear that...Wish they all ok!
I will looking forward to hearing more about your little grandchild.Last weekend, I went to attend Japanese Class in our downtown, now I have few time to spend with my bf. Hehe...Maybe several months later when I finish classes. I will conside to marry maybe in 2-4years.Hehe...But all will be depending on the reality.
Best regards for you!
Linda



网易邮箱,中国第一大电子邮件服务商


Hello Linda! thank you dear Friend!
I have pictures of Tiny One, her name is Rhonda Renee Ryan.
She was taken off the respirator on Monday, is breathing on her own. She will be in hospital until mid-April when she is fully developed. She requires daily blood transfusions until her tiny body starts to produce their own blood cells. She is so fragile and helpless!
The New mom, CJ, went home on Sunday and is feeling much better! I will pass your well -wishes along to her and tell her someone in China cares, that will make her smile! :-)
My daughter CJ is so lucky to have a good hospital and insurance. I am hurting so much that she has to go through this, but I feel that Baby Rhonda is in a good place and will be in the care of good people.

I don't pray much, but if you have a prayer for tiny babies, can you send one for Rhonda, please? I don't know what her role in life will be, only a Higher Power knows that - we just need to see that her journey is a safe one.

I'll send more pictures and news when I have more. I hope you get to see your BF again soon and I hope the time goes by fast. You have your whole life ahead of you, so there is no hurry, only today and tomorrow and tomorrow.

Hugs to you!
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment