Wednesday, March 9, 2011

KNIT PATTERN REVIEWS : Maddy Laine Flatter Me Vest

Looking for an easy pullover vest, with smooth drape? This may be your answer!
maddy laine leaflet 164 - Flatter Me Vest
The clean lines of this simple vest are not only easy to knit but also comfortably stylish. Decorative loop decreases on the raglan shoulder add a smart finishing touch to this subtly shaped garment. In sizes S, M, L, XL, and XXL (finished bust 35.5, 39.25, 43.25, 47, 51"; finished length 24.75, 25.25, 25.5, 25.75, 26"), it uses 765, 800, 900, 950, 1025 yards of chunky weight (20 st/4") yarn. The designer notes that her sample was knit using elann.com Peruvian Highland Chunky - works out to just 11, 11, 12, 13, 14 balls of Highland Chunky. At $2.48 a ball, plus $4.35 for the leaflet, (plus S & H)  that's around $40 for this project.

I'm noticing I'm trending raglan garments, (current WIP's include the Agatha Cardigan). Practice makes perfect!



2 comments:

  1. What an elegant sweater/vest and I love the color complement of white and gray. beautiful. Thanks you for stopping by my WP blog. I am now following you on GFC.
    Regards,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too liked the color combo-I'm working on a similar gray knit, right now. I seem to be caught in a loop (pun intended) so I saved this for future references; another to-do on my Bucket List ;)

    I'm following you now too, seems our eye for inspiration runs along the same path~
    Cheers!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete