Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cookie Bakeoff Completed | Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

and the winner is………………….whoever gets the cookies!

Sunday, I baked cookies until I was blue in the face, and as I pulled sheet after sheet out of the oven, I felt a growing sense of accomplishment as my task neared completion. Once the baking was complete, I looked over my work, and said to myself, “Yep, another Christmas Success.” I wondered who would find a new favorite among the treats.

Here we have Walnut Chocolate Chip:

Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Penzey’s Peanut Butter Cookies, (only THE BEST recipe in the entire world!), and Oatmeal Butterscotch.


Penzey's Peanut Butter (foreground) and Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies (back)

I packaged them all up this morning in individual Glad containers, which held about 8-10 cookies in each,  and had enough for 4 boxes to go out this week, and and even had enough left over for us! WOOT!

Penzey’s Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
These are the best I’ve ever made:
1/2 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 T vanilla (I used Mexican vanilla)
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter (Jif Creamy)
1 tsp  salt
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
pinch salt

Preheat over to 375°

Beat the butter and sugars together until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, blend until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and soda together with a wire whisk.  Add dry ingredients gradually to the butter/sugar mixture and blend until moistened. Add peanut butter and complete mixing.
Drop by small ice-cream scoops onto ungreased cookie sheet, then slightly flatten by making a criss-cross with a fork. Bake 10-13 minutes until just golden. Let stand 1 minute, then remove from pans onto cooling racks. Makes 6 dozen.

The Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies cooled hard, while the Chocolate Chip cookies stayed nice and chewy. The Peanut Butter also crisped up, but is a good thing to have when transporting via the Postal Service-they packed firmly in the Glad containers, and shouldn’t jostle around at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment