Thursday, December 10, 2009

Woodland Ferns and Lace for E~FIN

....on a snowing Sunday afternoon, Winter fell with a THUD...
I finished E's doily and it's all blocked and ready to go~ this is one of my favorites, quick and easy~



Woodland Ferns and Lace for E~
Pattern from South Maid Book 364, Special Doilies For Special Times
I whipped together a little Christmas Poinsettia Coaster to throw in for someone special.


Poinsettia Coaster
We got slammed late Tuesday night with a Winter Storm that covered the entire Midwest~5.5 inches fell in the first 4 hours, and kept falling through the night.
I watched the birds at the feeders, glad to have had the foresight to put out seed for them this year.


The Winter of Feast or Famine
A Tufted Titmouse braved the onslaught of Juncos for his place at the feeder, while a Chipping Sparrow and fellow Junco rummaged on the new-fallen snow, kicking about to uncover buried treasures.
It may be while before I can lay peanuts out on the rails for the Blue-jays and Flickers~


Winter revisits the Tree Fort
Back to reality, we only have 15 days until Christmas~that means I only have one weekend left to bake, and get packages ready to mail out ~YIKES!my head hurts, it's been crazy-busy here. Phone rings several times a day, customers checking on orders, making last-minute changes, additions, etc. I love this time of year,  but I'll be glad when we can slow down and go into Hibernation Mode.

Sleep has been elusive, but I will welcome it tonight~

G'night!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful art and the winter photos are WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete