Thursday, May 13, 2010

Men's Vest "Alaska", Women's Jacket "Alaska"

DH toke me to Ben Franklin Crafts, in Delavan today. I got the rest of the yarn needed for the Drops "Alaska" Vest and Jacket I'll be working on over the next few weeks.

40-9b men’s sleeveless jacket in “Alaska” by DROPS design
These are the colors DH picked out for his Vest
These are the colors I've picked for the Jacket.


As you can see, I couldn't wait to get started and have already cast on my jacket. I also picked up some circular needles and a set of  #6 DPNs for a Wonderful Wallaby Jacket!



I took Elizabeth Zimmerman's recommendation (pg 4), " You will never need anything other than a 16" (hats and sleeves) and a 24" (body of work) needle in any given size." I got 29's, ooops! Susan Bates will be happy with my selection, and I'm sure I will be happy too.

And when I'm done with all that, I'm sure there will be yarn left over for a pair of Wisconsin Winter Socks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment