Monday, November 23, 2009

Days of Lavender and Mom

And on Sunday, She rested.

I was beat! The events of the past days and weeks finally caught up with me.
Saturday promised to be probably the last good day for cleaning up the remains of the summer, so DH and I got up early and started out fresh.

I pruned back the Ornamental  Crab tree while DH cleaned out the gutters with his new Echo Leaf blower. He was just about done when the extension arm literally BLEW off the end of the machine and flew through the air with the greatest of ease, down 16 feet to the grass below. I was there to watch it fall, but not able to catch it. It fell undamaged, my Orna-crab broke its fall.

I tried my hand at the Wondrous Leaf Blower, it was a very powerful and handy tool. I’m glad DH finally broke down and got it-he had no say, I kept nagging, saying “Just DO IT!”

Sunday, I had biscotti to bake, and a doily to finish for a Christmas gift.  I set to work on the last two rows, and worked between timer beeps, and whipped out both a completed doily and not one but TWO batches of biscotti. I am Power Baker, hear me roar!

Sally Sells Seashells Doily
Seashell Ruffle Doily by American Thread Company Star Book No. 143
I hope its namesake likes it :)

I ran across this doily while cleaning out the Guest bedroom before DD’s arrival. I had totally forgotten this was in the room, buried beneath some mementos of Mom.

Shades of Pink and Lavender Doily, Star Doily Book No. 104

I made this doily the year Mom redid her bathroom, all in lavenders and lilacs. It sat on her bathroom windowsill until the day I packed everything up before selling the old Home. I can still hear the joy in her voice the day she called to tell me it arrived and how she loved it~

Oxy-clean brought out the faced yellows, and made it brand new again-the pictures do it no justice.

Faded Beauty, Mom's Favorite

a closer inspection

I love the old patterns, can’t get enough of them~ Thank you Mom, for giving me these to share with my friends.

If you’re listening, if you’re still there- I love and miss you, Mom.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment