Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Doilies Inspired By Nature


I have always loved creating doilies from ideas that sprout from my perennial gardens.


Poinsettia Coaster
Black-eyed Susan

I recently found a doily by Kathryn White that just struck me as nearly the most perfect doily ever!


I have a beautiful Stargazer Lily that comes back every July, and have plans to put this on my To-Do list next!

In the meantime, I have a new WIP goal. My next-door neighbor will be beginning a series of chemotherapy sessions, beginning tomorrow.  I am going to make her a new coaster for each session she completes, and present them to her after each session, one at a time.

Maybe this will brighten those stressful days while she's undergoing the chemo, while adding little accents to her glass shelves she is now assembling for a new wall-shhhhhhhhhhhh, Mum's the word!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment