Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Look What Happens When I'm Away

THE GIANTS WIN THE WORLD SERIES! THE GIANTS FINALLY DID IT!! Dad is smiling down on them for sure!

I got this in the mail today from my Sis in Roseville, CA.

I was so surprised, I was jumping up and down like a schoolgirl when I opened the package! It was such a nice thing to do, too. Susie has always been so thoughtful that way. I am so bad about keeping up with her, but over the years, she has always been there for me, thick and thin, good and bad. I don't know how I will ever top this one~ watch out, Sis, I might just come through for ya! ♥♥♥

DD19's boss was given her walking papers at work, last Saturday-it was a sad day in the bakery. DD19 called me up, very upset, feeling as though she'd lost her best friend. In a way, she had-her boss took care of her from the moment she stepped foot in the bakery, and gave her every opportunity to get her life back on track. She had had such a blow to her self-esteem when told after almost 3 years of bagging, they couldn't find anything for her. But luck was on her side, when an opening happened and she was given a renewed sense of hope. Her boss gave her as much responsibility as she could handle, and DD19 took it all, no matter what. Hours, she took them. Tasks, she learned them and then taught others who came in after her.
They got together for lunch the other day, and DD19 came away feeling better about the whole episode. No matter what, she and her boss will always be friends-that is one thing they can't take away from their employees, over there.

I am nearing completion of my Alaska Jacket. Wow! I've been working on it for so long, I didn't ever think I'd get this far. I finished the two front panels just this past 2 weeks, working away at a row here and there, as time permits. I got a really big break in free time last Sunday and worked for what must've been almost 8 hours, in between baking a batch of biscotti and later making a simple dinner (ocarp, we have been so busy, I can't even remember what we had for dinner-the brain is fried).

I've been busy working on my crochet projects and finally got one off in the mail to Australia last Monday. I can't wait to see how (Name Withheld in case she's reading this) likes her "surprise" I made her. I have another one ready to go, it's going to GA, so there's no rush, yet. Packages to Australia can take up to 6 weeks-I hope mine reaches (Name Withheld) in time.

The biggest enjoyment of my life is making things for other people, no matter where they are. I don't spend a whole lot of time with emails, as I'd like to, so my blogs and occassional Jacquie Lawson e-greetings are one of my favorite things to do, to say, "HI! I'm thinking about YOU!"
When I'm working on something, it gives me a chance to sit back and relax for a little bit, and reflect on events of the days. I think about people I miss, wonder about people I haven't heard from, and relish every friend I come in contact with on a given day.

OMYDEARGAWD Jo-Ann is having a 3-hour FREE SHIPPING SPECIAL TOMORROW! 12-3pm EST!! WHOOT that means I have to get up and get cracking if I'm to take advantage of some yarn deals! I'd really like to find some warm fleece for another jacket for Igor, too.

I've been busy pouring over my newest Patricia Kristofferson crochet books, and waiting until after the Holidays, to start something new, for myself. I got a new book of Coasters by the Dozen, which I can't wait to start on! And as always, I found it on eBay, but in case you can't find a good deal there, I always turn to Amazon, where you can find a lot of nice people there. I've bought many things from Amazon, and sometimes you can find a better deal than even the retail shops can offer.

For now, I think I have all I need, between a dozen coasters and 99 Little Doilies! And as the Holidays roll past, and the Crafters sell their wonderful creations and return to us for more, I am thankful for every day I can sit here keeping my memoires and wondering, "Where does the time go??" For all too soon, another year will be behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment