Thursday, December 23, 2010

We can haz Ixchelbunny Yarns!

I just got the most wonderful surprise in the mail today!!! Actually I got it yesterday, but we're finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel and I have now got free time to actually catch up on friends and to write to let my dear friend know it arrived :)

I love the calender! Birds are my passion, I just adore watching them. Mike and I had an unusual day today. Mike hollered for me to come look out the back window-a Red-Tail hawk had snagged a squirrel on our back deck. I had just put peanuts out, and apparently one squirrel wasn't paying attention. After catching his prey, the hawk carried it up into the trees, while a family of crows huddled nearby, giving  Hawk no end of grief. I ran upstairs and confirmed the actual catch spot-the evidence was on the deck rail and in the snow below. I felt a mixture of sadness and celebration of the Circle of  Life.

I'm going to remember this day now, every time I put peanuts out for the Blue Jays, Crows, and squirrels. It's going to be tough, I don't think I will be able to stand at the window now, there will be moments of regret. I'm glad I wasn't there to witness it, but I knew about the family of Hawks-they have been nesting here in our neck'o the woods for 3 years in a row, and have decided to stick around a while.

I have the calender by my coffeemaker now. The lace yarn, Ixchelbunny Mulberry Silk, "Shiburi Indigo" is absolutely delicious~ what can I make with it, hints and ideas welcome!

Mike made us Sloppy Joes tonight-they are so good, but very messy. Mike's is growing cold, as he is outside in Garage World, yucking it up with a friend on the phone. Igor is driving me nuts as I type, laying his head firmly on my arm and is really pushing down, while eye-balling my plate of Joe. Goofball.

Wishing you all a good night and sweet dreams~

No comments:

Post a Comment