Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Excuse me Waiter, there's a Hole in my Blog....

The Lilies are blooming. I so love these, but they hide behind mountains of Purple Echinacea and Monarda, that I have to walk around back of the garden to see them. That's ok, the deer missed them too and they will give me a few days of eye candy.



I haven't blogged in days, I'm a little behind, but we've been hitting the hay so early these past couple weeks-10:30 again last night. DH was feeling cranky, his foot is giving him more trouble again. I just WISH he'd go get it taken care of....he's sick of not feeling good, I'm sick of him not feeling good, it goes on, and on....................siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Got back from a 3 mile walk a little while ago-was brisk and chilly at 63 and cloudy when we left, felt SO GOOD. Coming back 50 minutes later, it's feeling a bit smarmy, the wind had died down too.

 We've got some running around to do today; shower, then head out to Target for some new gym shoes for DH and look at a Radio Flyer wagon for my Cactus from Hell. I want the one with the wooden sides, to keep the top-heavy cactus from falling over. It's ginormous and must weigh 50 lbs at least.

I got another round done on the Doily-will post a picture in Rav. shortly, but here's where I 'm at. It's not done, only about 50% right now, there's a whole 'nother area of background, then the circle of rose motifs.

 It's not blocked yet, looks a mess. but I was able to flatten it out some on the scanner, enough to get the idea~
...the blue for the two-tone roses isn't floating my boat, what do you think about a soft pink instead?  Maybe the Wood Violet for the center, and a solf pink for the outter petals. Yep, that's the ticket!

 Hope you have a lovely day, some sunshine in between the clouds. Here's a little sunshine I found peeking out from under my hoya carnosa, a pleasant surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment