Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sharon's Rose Parade Doily in Progress

Yippy Skippy! I've ordered the pink for Sharon's Rose Parade Doily, at last! I t should be here by the end of next week-Joanne's is pretty fast at shipping. The pattern I'm working on is from Elizabeth Hiddleson Collections, Volume 11. 



After making a trip to Ben Franklin Crafts, Delavan, only to discover they didn't have the color I needed,  I was out of sorts for a couple days as to where to go next. Joann.com provided the solution to my dilema. They had a 50% off discount on one item, and you betchya I took advantage of it!

The new colors for my Blue Girl rose motifs are Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet #10,

Orchid Pink and Wood Violet


Here's the doily, so far:


  I have a couple rounds of the background worked, the cellphone picture is not the best quality.

 I've started a new group in Ravelry today. Finding none that fit the catagory, Fans of Elizabeth Hiddelson,  I took it on myself and created one. Look us up on Ravelry under Elizabeth Hiddelson Fan-Addicts. I'm anxious to see who-all else is interested as I am.

7 hours later: 4 new members already! WHOOT!

Have a beautiful Father's Day~

No comments:

Post a Comment