Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Linda S. Godfrey at the Lake Geneva Public Library

Linda S. Godfrey at the Lake Geneva Public Library

I'll post updates when I return!

Hi Honey, I'm BACK!

We had a great time at Linda's speaking engagement at the Lake Geneva Public Library! Over 125 people attended, and they all came to hear about her new book, Haunted Wisconsin, Ghosts and Strange Phenomena of the Badger State.

We arrived at the library at approximately 6:00pm and were greeted by a couple Early Birds, anxious to meet the Guest Speaker. We began setting up the table, putting out all the books we brought with us, and within minutes, the room began to fill. Before long, we had dozens of people standing in line, waiting to have Linda sign their newly purchased books. I managed the sales, freeing Linda up to autograph and speak with her fans. She literally glowed as people came up to her, welcoming her and recounting tales of previous appearances they attended; Linda has quite a following!
Linda gave a wonderful presentation complete with slide show, and great tales of her travels through Wisconsin and Michigan.

While I am no writer, I hope I have done Linda justice in my blog-I had a great time and am looking forward to going to Madison with her on her next speaking engagement, Wed. Oct. 27 at  The Wisconsin State Historical Society - NOON to 1 pm On the Square in Madison, at 30 North Carroll Street, 608-264-6555.

No comments:

Post a Comment