Saturday, April 14, 2012

Angels among us

I am a believer in angels, though not the picture-book kind with winds and harps. Such angelic accoutrements seem as nonsensical to me as devils sporting horns and carrying pitchforks. To me, angel wings are merely symbolic of their role as divine messengers.

RICHARD PAUL EVANS, The Christmas Box


A friend recently posted this quote, and it sent me down a familiar yet less travelled path, one that I welcome.

I believe angels can take on different forms and meanings, from visions of loved ones who have passed before us, waiting to rejoin and continue along a different path together, to a total stranger who happens to simply "be there" at the right moment. Whether by way of a traumatic event, or merely a quiet moment in reflection, if that vision we perceive as angelic brings inner peace, joy or a smile, then it must be an angel.
We have a deep-seated desire to cling to hope when all else fails us. Is it coincidence when a spark of hope is ignited by a kind word at just that point in time when we find ourself in some dark place? I think not. I believe each of us has the ability to reach out, to fan the spark of hope for another.

My ex's wife has been what I would call an angel. She chose to contact me out of a need to update me on personal life-altering events one of my children was going through. As a mother herself, she knows how important it is for us to be kept informed, when our children are unable to share.
She's also a lot closer to my kids geographically speaking, so she is afforded more opportunities for taking pictures of one of my granddaughters, 3 year old Rhonda, a Preemie born 8 weeks early. Rhonda too, has angels watching over her.
20120414-085821.jpg

I leave you with another version of an angel, in the form of Annie Lennox. 0:)

Be Young And Beautiful

Igor says, "...too early for me 'n Teddy Bear."

No comments:

Post a Comment