Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Letter to Mom : Happy Birthday, Mom!

Dear Mom,
Today is your birthday! You would be 98, but you are Forever Young and Beautiful, and you will be in my heart forever. I live you and miss you every day, then I look in the mirror and I see you looking back, a mixture of sadness and pride of being.
20120415-201602.jpg

I spent the morning cleaning the upstairs; Spaz is making a huge mess as he goes through another one of his quarterly molts, and he's getting feathers everywhere, GAH!
I got out the lovely Geranium tablecloth I found in your bathroom closet; it's my favorite and I look forward to bringing it out every spring.

20120415-201503.jpg

I have been pondering the chooce of centerpiece this year, and right away it hit me! I got down the black cat collection I found in a box in the attic, you must've always liked cats, I never knew... :) I put them together with my Black Cats doily I made last year, and vĂ³ila, Oil, Vinegar, Salt and Pepper, and an extra for good measure!

20120415-202349.jpg
I threw open a few windows, and let in some fresh air, and smelled the rain that later blew in. Not a big storm like last night, but a gentler, uneventful April shower, cleansing and fresh.
Tomorrow I'll bring in some flowers, if there are a few to spare. Soon, the lilac will be in bloom, the Bleeding Hearts are nearly ready, and everything will be new and green again. Your bottlebrush plants are probably way ahead of my bushes, by weeks.

Storms are moving in, I can hear thunder off in the distance. I imagine it's you throwing another one of your killer bowling games, you were an awesome bowler! :)

I love you and miss you, and I hope you like what I've done with your things. And I hope you had a Happy Birthday! When mine rolls around next week, I'll make an extra wish for you!

Hugs and kisses,
Sandra

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfk8kLJMab0&ob=av2e]

No comments:

Post a Comment