Sunday, April 8, 2012

Holey Wisteria ....or how Knot to make a YO purlwise.

Hoppy Easter to All my Knitty peeps!
While many are out and about celebrating a holy day filled with chocolate bunnies and colored eggs, I am enjoying a quiet day learning a new (to me) technique, doing yarnovers (YO) from knit to purl and purl to knit.

CJ's Wisteria Wrap
20120408-204549.jpg

I am working on Brooke's Column of Leaves Knitted Scarf Pattern

While trying to decipher why my pattern wasn't as lacy as the ones shown in the pattern blog post, I found a video quite by accident, and it helped answer a huge question I have been pondering, and it has solved my problem!
Yarnovers between knit and purl stitches

Knitter's comments: note the two columns of open work running the length of each side; the initial single hole row is corrected in the last two pattern repeats to more accurately resemble a honeycomb pattern.
Also, the vining in the leaf pattern becomes more visible after implementing the correct YO knit stitch. 20120408-204923.jpg
Project notes:
Needles
US 7 - 4.5 mm
Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn Multi
2 skeins = 408.0 yards (373.1m)
Colorway: Plummy
Purchased at
Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts in Wisconsin

Oyeah, almost forgot- Stella and I've put on about 300+ miles since Jan 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment