Monday, April 9, 2012

The Kindle Book Review: Reunion by Jeff Bennington| Knitting News

The Kindle Book Review: Reunion by Jeff Bennington, A Best-Selling Superna...: Hello, Kindle readers. Take a look at today's feature book, Reunion by Jeff Bennington. It has a 4.1 star rating with 95 reviews. An Amazon...

I want to take a moment to mention, this is a GREAT BOOK! I purchased it last Fall while engaging in conversation with the author, who I met on Twitter, through other bookworms. I downloaded the book onto my tablet Kindle app, and began reading it that evening. I couldn't put it down, and so every evening became my ritual of going upstairs and heading straight for my Kindle for a night of pure reading pleasure. When I finished reading, it was one of those "please bring on the Sequel" types, and I immediately told Jeff I was his newest fan. I have all his books to-date, and will anxiously await new arrivals as they are released!

Please go to this blog and read the reviews, then get the book-get any one of his books; you won't be disappointed!

I have also been incredibly busy with my knitting, and have some updates to share with you!

I finished Natalie's Bike-Riding Neck Warmer:




Project info
Nat's Riding Cowl

Marble Cowl by Lion Brand Yarn
: US 8 - 5.0 mm

1 skeins = 190.0 yards (173.7m)
: Abracadabra
Post updates from my other WordPress blog

Hoppy Easter to All my Knitty peeps!
20120408-214320.jpg
While many are out and about celebrating a holy day filled with chocolate bunnies and colored eggs, I am enjoying a quiet day learning a new (to me) technique, doing yarnovers (YO) from knit to purl and purl to knit.
20120408-204549.jpg

I am working on Brooke's Column of Leaves Knitted Scarf Pattern

While trying to decipher why my pattern wasn't as lacy as the ones shown in the pattern blog post, I found a video quite by accident, and it helped answer a huge question I have been pondering, and it has solved my problem!
Yarnovers between knit and purl stitches

Knitter's comments: note the two columns of open work running the length of each side; the initial single hole row is corrected in the last two pattern repeats to more accurately resemble a honeycomb pattern.
Also, the vining in the leaf pattern becomes more visible after implementing the correct YO knit stitch. 20120408-204923.jpg
Project notes:
Needles
US 7 - 4.5 mm
Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn Multi
2 skeins = 408.0 yards (373.1m)
Colorway: Plummy
Purchased at
Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts in Wisconsin

Igor is taking inventory of toy stash on Toy Hill.

20120408-214844.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment