Thursday, April 29, 2010

Art in the Woods

I stumbled upon a wonderful find while ridding our perimeter of the invasive garlic mustard plants that seem to have exploded into bloom in the last two days. ARGH! it's everywhere!!!

I was walking around, looking for new blooms like Bloodroot, and Wood Anemone,  when I almost stomped the life out of a lovely Trillium cuneatum, and snapped some shots of it. It was pretty windy, so I had to wait patiently for a break in the wind (!) so I could get a still shot.


Igor nearly ran it (and me) over in his mad dash of  freedom, just moments before. I hastily snapped the shot, and a couple more of some neighboring Virginia Bluebells, and quickly vacated before the Beast came back around.

The Creeping Phlox on the rock wall was spectacular again.

and we still have a few tulips that have survived the ravages of hungry deer that had recently passed through, looking for nibblins.
 The ones that got away

DD19's boyfriend changed the oil in her car today, while DH and I watched the proceedings offsides. It was fun watching those two go at it as he attempted to show her the ropes. Needless to say, she was not humoured when he drove the car up onto the ramps, and nearly went completely over them!
When he was done and had things cleaned up, she and I took a ride to the gas station, Igor sat in the back seat,a new experience for the Boy. We wanted to see if her "check engine" light would come back on. It didn't, this time. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. She is planning a trip to Indiana to see family, and is anxious to have her car in tip-top shape before making the trip in 3 weeks

I'm about half-way done with the Right Front of my Camo Vest, and hope to have it done by this weekend. 

Back and Left front view, before blocking

It looks like scattered showers and possible T-storms off and on over the weekend, so I anticipate getting in plenty of knitting, starting now.

Buona Notte~

No comments:

Post a Comment