Follow my updates by Email

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I've walked 17 miles, so far...

Heydee Ho~

What a day! It was beautiful, in the low 80's and just a hint of wind.
I got up early, and went outside to my "Tree fort" deck to survey my domain while enjoying a cup of Earl Gray. It was nearly 60 at 9am, so I resolved to groom Igor as soon as possible.

We started at 9:15 and I went to town on him; I even got him to lay down so I could do his belly, a FIRST for him and I. Other times, I would nearly break my back twisting up under him to get at the shag carpeting down there. *snorts~

We got done at about 10:45, just as DH was hollering for breakfast-and I was happy to be done. Igor was half the dog he use to be by the time I got done with him LOL!

We got showered and got out of the house by 12:30 and ran to town to drop off the mail, then headed back to work. I turned on the answering machine, then gave Igor a bath and then let him outside to air-dry in the sun. He was a maniac, his feet never touched the ground. He was one happy boy!

I had a lady make him a fleece jacket for those cooler morning walks to come. We didn't need it today, but he looked quite the Dude in it. I have to do a minor alteration to it-the velcro belly strap is too long, my fault for giving Holly the wrong measurements, but a boo-boo I can easily and quickly remedy. I'll just remove the velcro from one strap, and sew it to the side of the jacket, where the other strap can just wrap up from underneath. Perfecto! Pictures to follow~

The neighbor called me at 4:30 to see if I was up for another walk, and I decided to go for it. No pain, no gain!

When I got back, I had to put a couple screens in some windows upstairs, it got bloody hot today~whew!
I logged my mileage at MyStart! Tracker, and I'm up to 17 miles since March 8th! WHOOHOO!

And now I'm starving, so I'll go see what I can rummage up and then grab my knitting and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Igor is pooped.

Hope your day was as nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment