Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hair Yesterday, Gone Today

I lost 10 inches of old hair 2 days ago, and have finally overcome my initial shock.

I finally got up the nerve to get rid of years worth of L'Oreale Dark Brown 4G; it simply would not fade away gracefully. My normal medium reddish brown was becoming more apparent as it grew out, so I had to do something.

So on Wednesday, after 20 minutes of combing and measuring, 10 inches of my hair was laying in a heap on the bathroom counter, limp, rejected and sad.

I was at once mortified, and then relieved asI dried it and it looked and FELT more healthy than it had in literally years.

From this:
to this:

The dry ends are all gone, it's laying nicely, so with a heavy heart, but lighter head, I start all over again.

DH took one look and said he wanted to do me, said it would be like doing a new woman, and not cheating. He was smiling as I smacked his ass. I love Mr. Comedian.

DH and I went to a local Harley Davidson dealership last week, and there was I, proudly strutting around with my waist-length hair, feeling all Biker-Chicky and all...

Yesterday we visited another bike dealership in Lake Geneva, and I donned my new Do, and felt like a traitor...do I deserve a bike???
I saw a green two-tone Boulevard (Suzuki) and said, OYEAH, I still have kinda longish hair so why am I slinking around like a shaved rat with my tail tucked...DH said I'd still look foxy on that bike-I LOVE HIM!! ♥♥♥

2005 Suzuki Boulevard

Baby (R)Honda is a Walking Fool at 14 months, Baby can move~ All I could get was a blur and the back of her head as she was leaving, hehehee!


Have a BE-YOU-tiful weekend!!

xoxoSandra

3 comments:

  1. So your DH and my DW should meet. I'm sure they'd get along great, and yes...that one comment he made about wanting to do you and how it would be like doing a new woman but not be cheating is enough to tell me this!

    And yowza. Those bikes are making me want to drool. Yummmm...

    I think tonight I might actually update my blog! OMG! :D I hope your weekend is good too sweetie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you'll still look foxy on the bike! And a Suzuki? I grew up with Suzukis in the garage - we couldn't fit the second car in because of course, the bikes had to be under shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet!!! I love the Rhonda comment.. like the bike and the hair looks cute.. can't blame you at all.. I lost over 4 inches last summer... trying to thicken up ends.. I have given up.. it isn't happening.. but if I ever stop hennaing, I could see an eventual frustration and chop if I'm not careful to do it in a gradual manner

    ReplyDelete