Friday, February 26, 2010

Send me your Tired, Worn-out Feet or How to Make Ho Chi Minh Sandals

This is a quick followup on yesterday's Tire Episode.

Our neighbor was over today, and he was telling us about how the Viet Cong would recycle old jeep tires by making sandals out of the tread. They called them "Ho Chi Minh" sandals.

I looked them up on Yahoo search and lo-and-behold, there is a thriving market for these!

A fellow blogger even posted a blurb on how to make them

how to make ho chi minh sandals - Yahoo! Search Results

Nat went back and got her blown tire from Pete's, in case the Rock company wanted proof. They called me today and requested a receipt for the tires, which I gladly emailed to them. We're in hopes they will reimburse us for the one, we'll see.


Here's the Evil Rock of Doom~you can't tell from the picture, but the dimensions are roughly 18"L x 14" W x 10" H and weighted approximately 60 lbs.

I'll post a pic of The Tire later

No comments:

Post a Comment