Tuesday, March 9, 2010

LUMBERJILL SOCKS, OR PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD

My first 2-circ toe-up socks, YIPPY SKIPPY! Not hard to figure out, glad I watched those YouTube videos!

I used Knit Picks Options Nickel Plated Fixed Circular Knitting Needles by Knit Picks $4.99 a set. LOVE THEM!

NOTE: I started the pattern in a 2x2 rib, then switched to the hourglass pattern (very similar to the 2 needle mock-cable stitch, when my stitches were a little looser on the 2’s. I messed up the second twist, but not concerned- it’s a learning curve :)
 


NOTE: The first sock, she’sa too tight! Gonna rippit and redo, after finishing Sock #2 in just 2x2 rib, no hour-glass twist….will that make it Sock #3 then? hmmm…..

I used the W & T (Wrap & Turn) heel technique, I like the no-hole gusset a LOT!


NOTE: YES, Virginia, I has to make a 3rd sock, (expletive)...back to the needles I go...

I went to Ben Franklin Crafts, Delavan, and picked up two skeins of  Red Heart Super Saver, Camouflage for Hunter's Hat (and one for myself). I'm toying with an idea for a vest in this color. Let's see how this works up first!

I'm looking forward to working this one up- a break from tiny sock stitches.

1 comment:

  1. Handsome socks!

    Luiza gave me shivers too! Stilll thinking about colors for it....

    ReplyDelete