Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bridges

Friendships can be such a strain on the emotions-


Take my neighbor ...
She's gone through some things recently I've never encountered in my life, and has fought back with the strength of 10 million Army ants. Shes a Cancer Survivor. I don't know if I could do it, hope I never have to find out.
During this time, we've shared more in the last 6 months, than we had in the 8 yrs we've lived here. I chalked it all up to trials by fire, and tried not to dwell on trivialities. But as is the nature of my Beast, I let things get to me and in one flash-in-the-pan moment, took a simple comment out of context. The end result was, we both had to take a break, step back, and ponder our choices.

I've learned some things are just not worth all the fuss and had to put my pride aside. Tonight, I doused the flames with a word of kindness, and will wait and see if there is anything left amidst the smoldering remains...
What I learn from this,  will carry me through the remainder of my days. Today I chose to never to have to live with regrets.


No comments:

Post a Comment